Understanding the cost of surrogacy in Georgia
When it comes to surrogacy, one of the key factors that intended parents consider is the cost. Surrogacy can be an expensive but rewarding journey, and Georgia has gained recognition as an attractive destination for surrogacy due to its favorable legal framework and competitive pricing. In this article, we will delve into the specifics of the cost of surrogacy in Georgia, breaking down the essential elements of surrogacy packages available in this Eastern European gem.
The cost of surrogacy in Georgia can vary depending on several factors, including the services included in the surrogacy package and any additional expenses. Here’s a detailed breakdown of what you can expect:
- Double surrogate option: Surrogacy in Georgia offers the unique advantage of considering two surrogate mothers if needed, providing added flexibility to intended parents.
- Egg donation program: The surrogacy package typically encompasses an egg donation program, covering essential aspects such as medical examinations for the egg donor, ovarian stimulation medications, egg retrieval, and compensation for the egg donor.
- Unlimited IVF/ICSI cycles: Intended parents can benefit from an unlimited number of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) cycles using donated eggs.
- Embryo storage: The cost of surrogacy in Georgia includes secure embryo storage for two years, allowing you to plan the timing of embryo transfer with ease.
- Medical evaluation of surrogate: Ensuring the health of the surrogate mother is a top priority. The surrogacy package covers comprehensive medical evaluations to ensure a healthy and successful surrogacy journey.
- Psychological assessment and background check: Rigorous psychological assessments and background checks of surrogate mothers are conducted by qualified social workers to ensure their suitability for surrogacy.
- Medical preparation of surrogate for embryo transfer: This includes necessary medical procedures such as analyses, ultrasounds, and medication to prepare the surrogate for embryo transfer.
- Unlimited embryo transfers: Intended parents have the flexibility of transferring an unlimited number of cryopreserved embryos to the surrogate mother.
- Pregnancy monitoring: All pregnancy monitoring costs for the surrogate mother, as well as compensation, are covered in the surrogacy package.
- Labor and neonatal ICU costs: In case of any complications during the first seven days after birth, the package includes coverage for labor and neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) expenses, along with pediatric consultations during the hospital stay.
- Accommodation and logistics: The cost of surrogacy in Georgia also includes accommodation for three nights during the initial trip, airport transfers, and any necessary support during your stay in Georgia. Additionally, you’ll receive accommodation in a Tbilisi apartment for one month after the baby is born.
- Logistical support: Transportation services, including taxi transfers to and from the airport and the clinic, are included, along with a local phone card to keep you connected.
- Translation services: Translation services for parents during hospital visits and civil registry procedures are available for up to 15 hours.
- Legal costs in georgia: The surrogacy package covers all legal costs in Georgia, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process.
- Birth certificate: You’ll receive a birth certificate with the intended parents’ names.
- Flights: The surrogacy package does not cover the cost of international flights to and from Georgia.
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) tests: Any PGD tests required are not included in the cost of surrogacy in Georgia.
- Document translation and notary fees: Translation of documents and notary fees are the responsibility of the intended parents.
- Document shipping: Costs associated with shipping documents from other countries are not covered.
- Legal costs for international parents in Spain: If you are an international parent from Spain, any legal costs specific to your home country are not included.
The cost of surrogacy in Georgia is an important consideration for those embarking on this life-changing journey. Georgia offers competitive surrogacy packages that include a wide range of services to support intended parents. While some expenses are not covered in the package, the overall affordability and favorable legal environment make Georgia a sought-after destination for surrogacy, providing hope and happiness to individuals and couples around the world.