Laws of surrogacy in Georgia
Surrogacy in Georgia has gained significant attention in recent years, attracting hopeful parents from around the globe. With its favorable legal framework and advanced medical facilities, Georgia has emerged as a preferred destination for surrogacy. In this post we will explore the surrogacy process in Georgia, legal regulations, and the reasons behind its growing popularity.
Georgia’s legal system provides a supportive environment for surrogacy arrangements. The country has clear laws that protect the rights of both the intended parents and the surrogate mother. Surrogacy contracts are legally enforceable, ensuring a secure and transparent process for all parties involved.
Advantages of Surrogacy in Georgia
The process of surrogacy in this country has its own advantages, which you will see right here:
- Affordability: Surrogacy in Georgia is relatively more affordable compared to other countries offering similar services. The cost-effectiveness makes it an attractive option for couples and individuals seeking to fulfill their dream of parenthood.
- Favorable Legal Environment: Georgia has established legislation that recognizes the intended parents as the legal parents of the child born through surrogacy. This legal certainty minimizes the risk of potential disputes or challenges after the child’s birth.
- Medical Excellence: Georgia boasts a highly developed medical infrastructure, equipped with cutting-edge fertility clinics and experienced professionals. Intended parents can have confidence in the quality of medical care provided throughout the surrogacy journey.
Surrogacy Process in Georgia:
- Initial Consultation: The process of surrogacy in Georgia begins with an initial consultation with a reputable surrogacy agency or fertility clinic in this country. During this stage, the intended parents will receive comprehensive information about the process, legal requirements, and potential surrogate candidates.
- Surrogate Selection: Once the intended parents are ready to proceed, they will work closely with the agency to select a suitable surrogate. Georgia has a pool of healthy and well-screened surrogate mothers who are ready to embark on this noble journey.
- Medical and Legal Procedures: The chosen surrogate and intended parents will undergo medical evaluations to ensure compatibility and to mitigate potential risks. Legal contracts will be prepared, clearly defining the rights, responsibilities, and compensation of all parties involved.
- Pregnancy and Birth: After successful embryo transfer, the surrogate will be closely monitored throughout the pregnancy by medical professionals. The intended parents will be kept informed of the progress and have the opportunity to be present during the birth of their child.
Post-Birth Process and Parental Rights:
When it comes to surrogacy in Georgia, following the birth of the child, the intended parents will obtain legal parental rights through a court process. The court will issue a birth certificate in their names, recognizing them as the legal parents and ensuring a smooth transition for the child’s future.
Surrogacy in Georgia offers a favorable legal environment, affordability, and high-quality medical care, making it an increasingly popular choice for intended parents worldwide. The clear legal framework, coupled with a well-structured surrogacy process, ensures a secure and transparent journey towards parenthood. Georgia’s commitment to supporting surrogacy makes it a leading destination for individuals and couples seeking to start or expand their families. Contact a reputable surrogacy agency in Georgia to embark on this life-changing adventure.