Urology in Spain
We are working with one of the best teams in this specialty nationwide, is one of the best doctors according to the prestigious web top doctors. Dr. Pedro Sanchez de la Muela has a team of professionals with extensive experience in the approach of all urological and renal pathology, with a personalized approach and a dynamic that allows shortening the time between diagnosis and discharge. To this end, the Unit is equipped with the most advanced technology and highly efficient diagnostic methods such as the introduction of high-precision MRI imaging technique and high-precision transrectal ultrasound to perform ultrasound-guided prostatic biopsy, this is an important advance in the diagnosis of prostate cancer because it allows locating more accurately and effectively the potentially aggressive lesions. With this technique the number of unnecessary prostate biopsies is reduced, the diagnostic performance of the biopsy is improved and it allows us to know the degree of extension locality of the tumor as well as its multifocality.
- This improvement in the efficiency and precision of prostate biopsy reduces the number of unnecessary biopsies, allows us to improve the surgical indication and paves the way for Focal Cancer Therapy, a highly selective and minimally invasive treatment in localized prostate cancer , with excellent results in selected cases and with minimal side effects in terms of preservation of urinary continence and sexual potency.
Urodynamic Studies are very important in this specialty because they allow evaluating the functioning of the lower urinary tract, during the storage of urine and during bladder evacuation, this is indicated for:
- Study the neurogenic bladder (myelodysplasias, spinal trauma, brain damage, etc.)
- Recurrent urinary infections in which anatomical causes have been ruled out
- Urinary incontinence in women and men
- Study of urinary incontinence in children and nocturnal enuresis
- Urinary infections in children, if there is a suspicion the functional cause